Assistance Programmes offered by MATRADE to SMEs
The government provides a wide range of assistance programmes to SMEs to encourage them to aggressively develop and market Malaysian products and services to the world. One of the ways is through Market Development Grant (MDG).
Market Development Grant (MDG)
MDG is a scheme to provide a matching grant to assist SMEs undertake promotion activities for the development of export markets.
How to be eligible?
To qualify for the MDG, SMEs must:
- be incorporated under the Companies Act 1965;
- have at least 60% equity held by Malaysians;
- Manufacturing and Agricultural: having an annual sales turnover not exceeding RM 25 million (based on the latest financial report) OR not more than 150 full-time employees (based on latest EPF Statement).
- Trading: having an annual sales turnover not exceeding RM 5 million (based on the latest financial report) OR not more than 50 full-time employees (based on latest EPF Statement); and exporting “Made in Malaysia” products.
Form of Grant
- Companies can obtain a 50% reimbursable matching grant on the approved cost of the eligible claims and activities.
- Status of SME will be checked annually based on financial accounts, EPF Statement and Form 49. Companies must notify MDG Secretariat if there are any changes to particulars that affect the status of SME.
- For application criteria details, please refer to the Application Form MDG 1/2010.
Application & Claim Procedure
1. Complete the Application form (MDG 1/2010), which is available for FREE (please refer to the attachment).
2. Submit all claims for reimbursement for eligible expenses and activities within (2) two months after completion of the activities with:
ORIGINAL receipts or bank statement or credit card statement; or
COPIES which have been certified by External Auditor or Chartered Accountant.
3. Submit ALL required documents
- MATRADE reserve the right to reject applications which is non-compliance with the MDG guidelines and requirements
For further enquiry on MDG, kindly contact: Fax: 03-6203 7252 Business hour: Monday - Thursday: 8.00 am - 5.00 pm
Market Development Grant Unit
8th Floor, Menara MATRADE,
Jalan Khidmat Usaha, Off Jalan Duta,
50480 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03-6207 7077
Friday: 8.00 am - 12.15 pm; 2.45 pm - 5.00 pm
For further enquiry on MDG, kindly contact:
Fax: 03-6203 7252
Monday - Thursday: 8.00 am - 5.00 pm