This forum aims to provide further and latest information on industry trends and development programmes offered by various government agencies to SMEs in Penang.
Topics of presentations by the speakers were:
Chairperson : Mr. J Philip Vincent, Managing Director of Mercury Precision Components Sdn Bhd
- Industries Trends by Ms. Loo Lee Lian, General Manager of invest-in-Penang Berhad
- Malaysia’s Involvement in Free Trade Agreements – What you should know about its benefits by Puan Che Mazni Che Wook, Director of Free Trade Agreement Policy and Negotiation Coordination of MITI Headquarter KL
- Briefing on the investment opportunities in the manufacturing and services sectors in Malaysia by Ms. Zabidah Daud, Director of Director of Malaysian Industrial Development Authority (MIDA), Penang
- Latest SME Corp programs and updates by Mr. Tajul Ariffin b. Jamaluddin, Director of Small and Medium Enterprise Corporation Malaysia (SME Corp), Penang
- About MATRADE: Role, Functions and Services by Mr. Iswazar Aminuddin, Assistant Director of Malaysia External Trade Development Corporation (MATRADE), Penang
Chairperson : Ms. Anna Ong, Senior Manager of Invest-in-Penang Berhad
- Opportunities and growth of Halal industries & services by Dr. Nor Azman bin Ngah, General Manager of Capacity Development of Halal Industry Development Corporation (HDC), Headquarter KL
- Challenges of proposed border carbon adjustment by US and EU on SMEs by Mr. Ler Leong Tat, Program Head of the Environmental Technology Research Centre, SIRIM Bhd.
- Building competitive edge in global supply chain for local SMEs by Mr. Tom ODonnell, Fullfillment Director of Dell Asia Pacific Sdn Bhd
- How SMEs can benefit from Human Resource Development Fund and National Human Resource Centre by Mr. Vignaesvaran, Deputy Chief Executive (Operation), Human Resource Development Fund (HRDF), Malaysia.